Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

How can the so called "richest country" have the most prisoners, the most covid deaths and the most evictions?

Who is the liar?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Marvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The USA has not been the richest country in the world since the 90's or so.  The USA is not even in the top ten richest countries.

There are some other things that you do not understand.  The USA warehouses prisoners for ten or more years.  Our process only makes them better criminals. In most countries they only sentence most people for 1 to 5 years because it is unlikely that you would live ten years in prison.  Remember that in the Middle East, Asian, etc, about 50% of prisoners die in prison within 5 years even if they are 20 when they are sentenced.

Just to let you know, law enforcement in the USA is a joke at best.  

Anyway, you are a victim of urban legend.

Oh, and why the most Covid 19?  That is simple. Americans are careless. I lived overseas for a good chunk of my adult life.  Many Americans I know would not survive in Asia.

Of course it is easier to thumb me down rather than prove that I am right by looking it up for yourself.

• 4 weeks ago

That's stupid. You really need to go and live in Algeria, Brazil, or Russia.

You really need to stop being so bitter and start being grateful for what

you have.

• 1 month ago

We have the most freedoms and most options. Not everyone chooses wisely.

• 1 month ago

It's also one of the largest in terms of population, and one with the most freedoms - freedom of movement, that allows people with greater financial means to spread viruses.  It also allows for a significant portion of the population to be irresponsible in ways that put them in prison or get them evicted. Far too many people wanting all of the freedoms - which for far too many is synonymous with entitlements - and rejecting the responsibilities that necessarily must come with being a free people.

It is also one that is far more truthful about numbers. Who now believes that China, Russia and other countries with a totalitarian background and reasons to lie are telling the truth about COVID cases, deaths, or how many are in their prisons, or killed by the government because of their dissident views?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Stella
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Too many special interests in the US.

Lot of money to be made and wasted on a bloated military, bloated prison system, bloated police forces.

• 1 month ago

You're talking about USA right?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.