Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Would you live in your childhood house by yourself?

I couldn't.. it'd seem "empty"

Neither could I. It would make me feel bad and nostalgic as hell...

I've often thought about this- and the answer is, yes I would. But only part time. 

I couldn't live in the house I grew up in because it would drive me crazy, clashing today with yesterday. I toured my childhood home when it was up for auction and I felt "off" all day, and had trouble sleeping- snippets of my long forgotten past kept jarring me awake. It was a strange side effect I did not expect.

Still, I think it would be fun to rent it and "vacation" there about twice a year. I would fill it with what I have left over from my childhood and nostalgia trip away..

They say you can't go home again, but I believe this is the loophole.

• After all these years and the memory of roaches - no!  I have experienced so much in the memory of roaches - I would never wish these memories on anyone!

Thank God I live where there are no 'roaches'!  :D

Of course. Id make some additions tho. My childhood house was huge. 

Which one?  I don't think I'd like to live in any of the houses my parents lived in again.  However I like the thought of a solidly built "family seat" being passed down the generations, the kind where each generations adds something to it, changes and re-arranges things here and there.  I could imagine that feeling very comforting and safe.

If I had a choice I wouldn't. But, no one asked me. We were living in one little room 6 of us. 

• P

No     

It's now a car park

• TB12

Which one,,, my father was in the military, we moved so often I don't even remember what most of our homes looked like.

• Binks

Sure, it seems as familiar as if it was yesterday.