Kat asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

What disorder would these symptoms be classified as?

This is purely hypothetical i know things will differ from case to case. But if someone displayed all these traits/tendencies would they fit the classification for a mental illness or disorder, possibly a personality disorder?

-The individual has a problem forming romantic relationships and is sexually inexperienced for their age

-The individual feels the need to make others the centre of their life and often has anxieties over others not liking them and doesn't feel wanted in friendship groups they are clearly a part of

THE FOLLOWING IS THE MAIN SYMPTOM

-This individual tries to make others they are close to dependant on them, particularly in terms of household tasks such as cooking/cleaning (applies to family and close housemates throughout their life)

-The individual was bullied by someone they felt was a friend at the time all through high school which may be the cause of this behaviour

Again this is for research purposes only, as i have started planning a book. I have heard of dependant personality disorder and if anyone knows the opposite of that and if that fits these symptoms especially the third one please say.

Thanks

Update:

I just realised the way i described it kinda sounds like munchausen by Proxy but this wouldn't fit for what i have planned so anything else

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

That sounds nothing like Munchausen's by proxy. It simply sounds like a person with low self esteem, insecurities and a controlling personality.

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is separate from obsessive

compulsive disorder (OCD), which describes a form of behaviour rather than a type of

personality.

However, similarly to OCD, OCPD involves problems with perfectionism, the need for

control, and significant difficulty being flexible in how you think about things. You may:

 need to keep everything in order and under control

 set unrealistically high standards for yourself and others

 think yours is the best way of doing things

 worry about you or others making mistakes

 feel very anxious if things aren’t 'perfect'.

Personality disorder not otherwise specified (PD-NOS)

Everybody is individual and behaves in unique ways, so it is only natural to not fit

neatly into the categories described above.

If you experience a number of personality disorder traits but not enough to fully meet

the criteria of a specific type, you may receive a diagnosis of personality disorder not

otherwise specified (PD-NOS). This diagnosis may also be known as personality

disorder trait specified.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Attentionwhoritis.   The desperate need to constantly be at the center of attention.

• 5 months ago

it honestly just sounds like generalized anxiety disorder

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.