Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

Why should teachers have to go to college if they have a high school diploma which spells out they know the material?

I don't think it's fair if I want to be a high school teacher I'll have to waste my time learning unimportant and unhelpful material.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Teaching and Learning are two different things. Once you understand this, and understand the importance of earning a degree in teaching, you'll see that it's not a waste of time. 

• 1 month ago

Oh brother. If you have no respect for the institution of learning,

how in the world are you going to be a teacher. You have to

prove that you have the self-discipline to get it done.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Imagine this:  

You're a kid in high school.  Would you want someone with a high school diploma teaching you?  They barely have more academic experience than you do at that point.  That'd be like a high school dropout trying to teach PhD students things about aeronautical engineering.  Seems kinda inappropriate and hypocritical, don't you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzPsOy-pe4

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): NOW YOU'RE GETTING IT!!
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The idea that you don't find it "fair" makes it clear that you need to learn a lot more before you are prepared to teach anyone anything.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They may have learned the material, but they haven't learned how to teach it, prepare lesson plans, handle a classroom full of children making sure each one gets the attention they need, etc.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need a specialty to know how to deal with children and teach classes.

• 1 month ago

College prepares you to teach the students. Learning and Teaching aren't interchangeable.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.