Traveling (Airport Pickup)?
I am not much of a traveler , nor am I used navigating the dynamics of the airport.
That being said, within the next few months I will be picking someone up for the first time from the airport. My question/s:
-Where do you park your vehicle when you pick someone up from the airport if your are the only individual driving with no one else with you?
-Where do you go in to meet your counter part ? Am I able to park my vehicle somewhere and wait for her on inside?
Thanks in advance
- dripLv 71 month ago
What airport? Each airport is different. You can check their web site. They should show temporary parking or hourly parking.
If you park and go in you will be waiting by baggage pick up.
Depending on the airport and location, you can park at a near by fast food restaurant and wait for their text when they land. By the time the plane taxis go the gate and all passengers disembark and get to the outside pick up area, you can be there to pick them up. Without parking and going in.
- HerfnerdLv 72 months ago
What airport? There are many airports, especially smaller regional ones that don't have paid parking so you could just park and meet them at baggage claim. Otherwise, short term paid parking or wait in the cell phone lot
- 2 months ago
You had better park your car in the airport parking lot. Getting a ticket is more expensive than finding a space there.
- conley39Lv 72 months ago
You can park in the close in short term parking lot and wait for her at the baggage claim area assigned to her flight.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- W.T. DoorLv 72 months ago
Find out which airline they will use.
Make a practice run to the airport.
- ?Lv 72 months ago
It would help if you told us which airport. My local airport has 30 minutes free parking. I usually call the person picking me up when the plane lands. By the time I get off the plane, walk to baggage claim and get my baggage, they are waiting just outside the door, in their car.
- D.E.B.S.Lv 72 months ago
First off, know what terminal they are arriving at. (If it's a smaller airport this won't be an issue.) You can find that by knowing their airline and flight number. You can look up that arrival information on the airline website. Once you know this, you have a few options.
1. There is short term parking which charges by the time period (hourly, 30 mins, etc.) Prices vary depending on your airport. Make sure when you're driving up to the airport that you first follow signs to the right terminal the flight will arrive at and then look for short term parking signs. If you park there, then walk inside and find where the arrivals are coming out or wait for them at baggage claim. It's often easiest just to wait for them around the baggage return if they are needing to get bags. Ask them before they take off. You can look at the signs on the baggage carousels to see which one they'll be at or just hang out where everyone is coming in looking for their bags until you see your party. People, especially workers, are generally very helpful at the airport so just ask.
2. Airports have cell phone lots these days. You can park there for free (you have to stay in your car) and wait for your party to call you and tell you they are ready to be picked up at the curb. Then drive to get them following the signs for Arrivals. At a larger airport, they should give you some sort of indicator where they are. Usually there are markers like "A Zone" or "B Zone".
3. If you're confident when they will get there or are okay making them wait a little bit, you can drive up to the arrivals after they have landed. You cannot park at the curb other than for loading and unloading. So if you arrive too early you have to go around again. (This is why the cell phone lots exist.)
- sunshine_melLv 72 months ago
Either. You can either park up in the short-stay parking and go into the arrivals terminal to wait, or you can pull up in the pick-up area (you'll need to be pretty spot-on timing-wise for this option).
NB parking is never free
- keerokLv 72 months ago
Airports have parking areas. Park nearest to the terminal you're supposed to pick up the person you're meeting. Better yet, you can ask her which terminal she'll be coming out from and at what time so that you can arrive there a little late giving time for her to pass through baggage and customs then pick him up right there in front of the gate. Most airports do not allow parking or waiting in front of the gates /doors so she must be outside already waiting for you when you get there. If you have cellphones, better!
- Karen LLv 72 months ago
Without knowing which airport........Most airports have several kinds of parking, and signs directing you to it as you approach the airport. You want the short-term parking, which is probably within walking distance of the terminal. Long-term parking is for people leaving the car for a few days or more and at large airports it's usually far enough away from the terminal that shuttle buses operate to get people back and forth.
If you park the car and go to the terminal, the best place to meet is near the baggage pickup area. Since COVID, some things may have changed in the way airports operate, but arriving passengers always have to pick up luggage or come out through the same doors as everyone else even if they don't have luggage.
Airports have websites, with maps and all kinds of info on them. Look up the one you'll be going to.
At most airports you can drive right to the arrivals section in the terminal to pick someone up, but the driver can't leave the car. It's meant for very short stops, for when the person you're picking up is ready and waiting and you're only there long enough to load people and luggage. You can't hang around for more than a few minutes waiting for someone to show up, so one of you has to see the other. If you don't see each other within a few minutes, the driver will have to leave and come around again.