Anonymous

I'm showing coronavirus symptoms, what should I do about work!?

I'm currently doing an externship with a company and I just started. Yesterday, I started getting a weird feeling in my throat, today it's getting worse. I'm developing a sore throat, cough, body aches, and headache. Haven't checked my temp yet. The thing is I have to do a set number of hours and I really don't want to miss at least two weeks on the job. I'm thinking about getting tested as earliest as monday if they can take me. I'm in my early twenties and I work with some older/overweight people(no offense) and I really don't want to put anyone at risk. Should I just contact them and inform them? What if they think I'm just trying to get out of the externship because I just started? I actually really like the job. 

Update: I tested positive. 

• 6 days ago

Sorry you tested positive you really now need to put the worry about your hours aside trust me your health is more important without your health you can’t do anything

Send your boss the healthcare bill.

I had to take 2 weeks off of work 1 week after I started. They have to give you time they won’t say anything ab it. Saw the update too, hope you’re okay 

• kyle d

You need to let your employer know that you are having flu-like symptoms. Then get tested and self-isolate until you receive an all-clear. Your employer will not appreciate it if you spread the coronavirus amongst your co-workers

absolutely call them and tell them what is happening You CAN'T go in to work.  get tested asap==and then your job is concentrating on getting well.

• Edna

The body aches you're developing sound more like a case of the flu, than it does a case of corona virus. 

Make a doctor appointment or call your doctor office to see if they can refer you for testing.  After you get results then worry about it.  You can always collect unemployment pay if you're ill.  And you'd be out from work for more than two weeks if you have Covid 19.  

Go get tested and don't let them know, if you test negative just don't let anyone know you got tested. If you test positive, let them know but they're probably going to be pissed at you. 

• kelvin

i highly doubt you have Covid-19

Get tested and don’t show up for work. In case you test positive, you could potentially infect everyone you come into contact with. 

You should get your result in 24 to 48 hours. If it’s positive then your coworkers will be glad that you took the day off. If it’s negative then you can show the result as proof that you got the test and not to skip out.