Do you miss being a kid?

I see all these videos on youtube of parents taking their kids to amusement parks, and water parks, and it reminds me of the big fun I used to have when I was a kid. Now as an adult, I don't have any fun whatsoever. I definitely don't have fun in the sun like I should. Life sucks as an adult. We used to go to the Boardwalk, Universal Studios, Disney World, Disneyland, and life was great. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY LIFE lol!!! 😭😭😭 I want my childhood back, or at  least the FUN in my life back. I miss waterparks, or parks in general, I miss the beach. Life is just dull and boring now. Do any of you miss being a kid, or at least miss the fun in your life?

If you want to still enjoy these things than GO!!  You are the one in control of your life, no one is going to take you by the hand and drag you there, if you want these things again, make it happen for yourself.

• 3 days ago

Sort of. But I'm okay with being an adult.

Not at all... I liked going to theme parks, before I was an adult though...

No, I wouldn't want to be a kid again!

• Jay P

Just because I have the body of an adult doesn't automatically mean I will always behave like one...

If you still enjoy going to amusement and water parks, go for it.  One of the things I sometimes still do is after grocery shopping, I'll ride the cart back to my car.  It may look funny to other but I don't care...the little kid in me still thinks it's fun.

Yes. I miss my childhood dearly. I miss feeling creative and imaginative. I'm still more creative than most people in my world, but I feel like I'm holding onto a shadow of what I once had. I am not as creative as I was. I believed in magic! I believed in Santa Claus! Not just that, but people were fun. They were more creative and (at least I felt like) they really wanted to be around me and not just for a good time like drinking and partying, but with an aim to truly build long-lasting friendships. I could inspire people to cross into their imaginations and build castles and great empires! Now whenever I even suggest doing something fun, going here or going there, building this or reading that people aren't just disinterested.. They're annoyed at me.

But I got to tell you... My childhood was never fun because I went to amusement parks or went on water rides. It was fun because I went through the forest in my back yard. It was fun because I climbed trees and took my bike along the streets of my neighborhood. What's this about you miss going on the boardwalk and the beach? You're an adult, save the money and go to the beach. Since you're the master of your own life as an adult, you can save the money and the power you need to go to the beach if you want.

How does a beach make childhood fun? The beach is fun because the beach if fun. For any age, not just little kids. Geesh I think you don't understand what makes childhood fun. The lack of responsibility makes chidhood fun. (And also boring.) The fact that as a kid you can explore, learn and grow without fear of paying bills makes childhood fun. It is the element of wonder, hope, excitement and energy that makes childhood fun. Not the landmarks like water parks and beaches.

We have to move on, kid. You have to live in the now or it's going to pass by you and then you're going to miss these years TOO.

First of all- why are you watching videos of kids at amusement parks...?

but to address your question/concern- while there are/were good aspects to being a kid, I think you can get some of that happiness back. You said that you used to go to cool places like Universal Studios or Disneyland... You can still go. This isn't some kind of Peter Pan rules where only kids can go to these places. Whatever you're doing in your adult life - if going to these kinds of places would mean that much to you - you need to switch things around to where you can go to these places. It might mean getting a better job or working harder at the one you got, but things like this are doable.

If you want to go with friends, will scheduling conflicts will happen - that is the way it is for most adults, but hopefully you can make something happen. Whether it is a big place like Disney World, or just going to the beach one weekend... Figure it out sonny boy.

Source(s): My childhood was pretty good, but as a gamer- things are way better now. Why go back to before?? I can play online now; and I can buy my own games... it's way better for me, imo.

No not at all, I don't miss being a kid

Yes, I thought those days would last forever. 

They all stopped at 11. I guess we can do them with our own kids one day.

• Rain

Yep