Anonymous

Why is the coronavirus killing mostly “people of color” ?

even earlier on the radio I heard a commercial saying how covid 19 is “impacting families and people of color” 

I find it very suspicious 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 days ago

Because people of color do t have the same resources as white middle class people! Socioeconomic status is also a factor

• 3 weeks ago

They are sometimes more prone to certain diseases etc, there are other examples where they are effected worse. Also because in some places eg New York, people of colour are struck by poverty, so live in cramped places with a lack of hygiene and might not have anything to protect themselves. 

• 1 month ago

People of all ages can be infected by the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.

WHO advises people of all ages to take steps to protect themselves from the virus, for example by following good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I find it to be just more media hype by members of the media who don't know what they're talking about.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

While covid is not discriminatory and can affect people of any age race and religion, Races of color outnumber white and could account for "more" deaths.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is happening in the UK and we have free health care here. Scientists are looking in to the reason why. Could be something to do with their genetic makeup, makes no difference whether they are poor or rich. A lot of Black Doctors here have died from it.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It isn’t a discriminatory virus.  It can kill millionaires and homeless people, it can harm anyone.  Just people pay more attention to people of colour because they seem to be so hard done by.  Aww poor people of colour, they have protests as a reason to be angry and that’s why people take notice.  If white people were considered a minority, it would be white people

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

1- inequality in wealth distribution means that African-American are less likely to be able to afford medical care

2- inequality in wealth distribution means that African-American are more likely to be doing jobs that expose them to the virus, or to rely on modes of transportation -- like subway and busses -- that are more crowded

What I find suspicious is that were were not able to find that answer by yourself. Unless you are a Trump supporter, then the lack of intellectual acuity that explains this is to be expected.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.