Whatever asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Home workout routines?

I want to start working out but don’t really know where to begin. I used to go to the gym with my sister but don’t have much confidence to go by myself so I tried doing some workouts at home but found they really hurt my back which I’ve recently learned was down to scoliosis which I didn’t know I had. I’m looking mainly just to gain a bit of muscle especially in my legs and bum and I really want to focus on my core as well and getting a slimmer waist. Can anyone recommend either workouts that won’t hurt my back too much or any YouTube videos or apps/websites (free or cheap) that can make me a plan (I’d prefer to do it all online rather than having to talk to someone face to face/on a call).

I’m a girl btw

• martin

Run uphill as much as possible.  Swim, if that's available to you.  Do leg lifts while lying on your back, legs straight, lifting and holding 2 inches off the floor.

• Will

Follow Athlean-x on YouTube or even make an account on the website. I would recommend spending the full one time $99 purchase for permanent access. It is well worth the wisdom and guidance from Jeff. You will be provided with a routine for the entire week and month with nutrition advice. For me the nutrition advice is the hardest part since you'd have to make a legitimate grocery list rather than "Eh. I feel like buying pork this time." 

I'm 26 and have been a member for the past two years and went from scrawny to muscular. In regards to your spinal condition. Most of what is recommended I don't see as causing discomfort. I imagine deadlifts or certain ab exercises might cause discomfort for you but not the leg, shoulder or arm exercises. For glute exercises, I would go to the YouTube channel since nothing in the workout schedule focuses solely on developing a firm tush. 

• kelvin

nope just a huge troll with yet another new account so you can troll this garbage daily