Would you consider this rude? ?

I was in a piercing studio and told the woman at reception I would like a lip piercing the receptionist (who was not doing the piercing) told me with a tone "you'll need to take all that lipstick off" I thought this is quite cheeky as she wouldn't be the one to do my piercing and by the time I went through to the room the piercer would give me a wipe to wipe the makeup off, would you consider this disrespectful as it wasn't her place to say this and she sounded cheeky

I think people are too sensitive nowadays

• GB

Just because she's not doing the piercing does't mean she doesn't know anything. She might have been told by the piercer  to advise customers to remove any make-up that's in the area to be pierced. 

She knew there had to be a CLEAN surface to work on and lipstick is crushed beetles.

Speeds up the process if you do it yourself. She has been told by the employer to "get that schit off your face".

Depends on how she said it. It sounds like she was just saying you'd need to not have anything on your mouth when your lip was getting pierced. But, if she said it rudely then I guess.

While she may have been rude, you need a sterile surface to peirce, as you could get an infection.

Seems entirely sensible - she was advising you'd need to remote the make-up before your piercing. 

If you took it the wrong way; that's on you really.

you are getting a lip piercing so why did u wear lipstick that day. Also she should not have had a tone

It was a simple statement you need to take your lipstick off.  Try not to walk around all day looking for opportunities to be 'offended'.  If you had to take a bunch of stuff off just before they did the piercing, would you then be complaining "if they knew I had to do that, why didn't someone tell me when I checked in?'

• kelvin

i would of just ignored her and walked away

She's apparently getting fed-up with the stupidity of their customers . . . . cut her some slack, although she should have expected it when she took a job there.