Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 4 months ago

can an 18 year old drive out of state with a permit?

im 18 and this summer im planning to drive out of state with my friends for a road trip before we leave for college. im from massachusetts btw

13 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Yes, however, he or she will still need to have a Licensed Driver, over 18-years of age, in the car too.

• 4 months ago

No, you can't. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No, you cannot - read the manual again.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You took the Driver's Training written test recently, so you read the "MANUAL" right?  The answer is in the book. That is the law. That is what you go by, not by our opinions. As far as we are concerned, you should not have left the sandbox.   Just saying.  This is stuff you are suppose to know. Just because it was not on the version of the test they gave you does not mean it is not important.  There is well over 100 versions of the written test and ALL OF THEM COME OUT OF THE MANUAL so it is all legit.

Read the Driver's Training Manual from cover to cover and you will find your answer.

Don't ask people who have had time to forget most of it...because we HAVE A LICENSE.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Your question is valid but you are asking it in the wrong place.   Your DMV is the place to ask.

You may if your DMV rules allow it.  (I doubt it though)

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Start looking for a very good lawyer.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Bottom line -- your permit is worthless outside of Massachusetts.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I think so but  you gotta get a licsense

• 4 months ago

Just go get your regular license. Problem solved.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The holder of a Learner’s Permit may operate a motor vehicle upon any way when accompanied by an operator duly licensed by his state of residence, who is 21 years of age or over, who has had at least one year of driving experience and who is occupying a seat beside the driver. 

This may not be the case in the state you are travel to though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.