My dad is having surgery on his prostate. I’m scared what do I do??

With the coronavirus going on I can’t see him which scares me even more. He’s getting it removed. I don’t know if he has cancer or not. Will he be able to make it? I’m freaking out about this. I need advice to get me through this. I want him here for Father’s Day.

• Edna

Even with a corona virus going on, I can think of no reason why you wouldn't be allowed to visit your dad while he's in the hospital. He or you wont' be anywhere around any patients who might have the virus. 

If he's only having some sort of prostate surgery, he MIGHT (if the surgery gets started late in the day), end up spending only 2 nights in the hospital, and then he'll be discharged and go home. He should be back home in plenty of time for Father's Day. Prostate surgery doesn't always mean he has prostate cancer.

He has a phone in his hospital room. If you're afraid to visit him while he's in the hospital, you can always call him on the phone and talk to him.

Prostate surgery doesn't always mean the patient has prostate cancer. Sometimes the prostate swells as a man gets older and interferes with his urine flow. Surgery can fix that for most men. If his prostate is being removed, then it is probably cancerous. The only way to know for sure is to ask him, not us.  

• LAN

Learn to post in the right category.

This question is about your childish fears, not about cancer.

Stop being an attention whoring idiot.

• Tavy

It's quite a normal operation these days. It's very small and recovery is good.

Talk to your dad.  He has been given the odds of survival and death for the operation.