Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

how do they know that the "US jobs report" that showed an increase of employment in May was not just FAKE numbers?

Update:

(I mean there is no argument now (even by CNBC) that the Federal Reserve has been pumping FAKE money into the stock market to artificially or deceptively prop it up....what would put it past them to also put out a fake jobs report too to do the same thing?)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I would not call them fake numbers, but if you look at the actual report there are a couple of caveats that may cause some concern.

"The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for March was revised down by 492,000, from

-881,000 to -1.4 million, and the change for April was revised down by 150,000, from -20.5 million to

-20.7 million. With these revisions, employment in March and April combined was 642,000 lower than

previously reported. (Monthly revisions result from additional reports received from businesses and

government agencies since the last published estimates and from the recalculation of seasonal factors. A

methodological change to the establishment survey’s birth-death model contributed to the revision for March."

(bottom of page 4)

"If the workers who were recorded as employed but absent from work due to “other reasons” (over and

above the number absent for other reasons in a typical May) had been classified as unemployed on

temporary layoff, the overall unemployment rate would have been about 3 percentage points higher than

reported (on a not seasonally adjusted basis). However, according to usual practice, the data from the

household survey are accepted as recorded. To maintain data integrity, no ad hoc actions are taken to

reclassify survey responses."

(bottom of page 6)

I interpret that to mean the numbers are not as solid as they usually are.

Even with the caveats I consider the results to be better than expected.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Steve
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

There are businesses that are responsible for taking data such as unemployment. Its what they do, so they better be good at it. I dont know their techniques, so Im hoping its accurate and honest.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, a New York Times reporter suggested just that. And nearly Everyone jumped all over him to such an extent, he withdrew his opinion. 

• 1 month ago

45 reported it and conservative media agreed so we know it's fake news.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Who knows for sure, but it's obvious from the friends, neighbors, and families of all the workers that something is happening in the working world.

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

oky, can you specifiy what you mean?> kind of vague answer

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Does it support my favorite politician: true

Does it support other politician: FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.