Kevin asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Why do posts calling out anonymous trolls get deleted if no one is being specifically identified?!!?

• .

The site was designed for questions seeking useful information or to benefit from the experience of others, so it could become a repository of facts/data that anyone could access. So, posts discussing other users (even if they aren't named) aren't appropriate on YA. It's not a chat site. 

• Daniel

Because it is Chat does not matter if they were called out or not its not Allowed on here

• When you make a statement that is not part of the question it is a violation.  If you made a comment about an issue and someone is so paranoid that comment is meant for them when their name has never been mentioned.  This does not give them the right to report you because they will lose in the long run.

• Zirp

how do you call out an anon?

call-outs are violations, period. This site isn't meant for talking about users

I saw a question earlier today where a regular user was called out here.

If there's a regular user with a particular name, then a lot of people here would assume that the person posting the question is referring to that one user.

I get what you're saying though, you could say the name "Dave," or "Alan," and you're risking losing 10 points in case there is a user here with that nickname and thinks you are calling them out.

Because calling out ANYONE is provoking inflaming harassment and defamation. That violates BOTH the YA community guidelines AND the terms of ALL the Verizon terms of service contracts. 

Someone called.me out by user name in Astronomy & Space almost 10 hours ago. They've done that daily this week. i reported the question less than hour.after it was posted when it still had no answers. Now it has 2 answers. I emailed both Yahoo and Verizon to report that question by email an hour and a half ago. 

I don't expect anything to happen to the question. It has too many legitimate answers. Being insulted by this person is a HUGE compliment. That's WHY I am not that upset by this type of question. Yes, it's annoying.