Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Would you stay with a spouse that abused you a few times and cheated be honest ?

I feel bad for breaking up my family but he won’t stop. He do,es from a family that they work it out no matter what but I can’t live under duress any longer but that doesn’t take the guilt away

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

No, he doesn't actually come from a family who believes "

they work it out no matter what" because then he wouldn't have any excuse for his abuse or infidelity.

What he does come from is a family who believes you must put a good face on a bad situation - that you are expected to put up with shite in a relationship because you have no way out. That's NOT the same as working through any issues, or working together for the health and wellbeing of the relationship and the people in it. Its all about sweeping it all under the carpet for the sake of faking it so OTHERS won't be able to see the real situation.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

You do not need to live under such circumstances. GET OUT ASAP

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, I would not and I did.  I left and took our children with me.

• 4 weeks ago

Never. "Keeping the family together" is a bs excuse

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • RP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No one should stay with a spouse who is abusive. The first time abuse occurs should be the last time. When one adds cheating to the situation, if fidelity matters, that's another reason to get away from that person.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I would have before, but nowadays I wouldn’t tolerate. I know I deserve better than a cheater and abuser! Such a person is not a good role model for any procreation you do in the future!

• 4 weeks ago

Absolutely not. As for "breaking up the family", consider what kind of role model such a man is to children. And consider your own role modeling as an abused woman, who would accept such treatment. Enough said.

• Dr. Stephanie
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

P.S. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Enough said.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No! If you cheat once youre dead to me. If you abuse me, i will never forgive you and take you for all youve got. Dont tolerate that

• Happy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

He cheated to be honest?  Maybe he should try the dishonest route I suppose 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.