Why doesn't Yahoo just go ahead and either get rid of the Anon or make everyone Anon?

YA users REQUESTED the anonymous feature. It took Yahoo at least 6 Yeasts to give us EXACTLY what we asked for. Very likely the only reason Yahoo finally did that was to keep up with the competition. That is STILL True for Verizon TODAY. You can complain all You want on the Feedback forum and suggestion board, but very likely the Anonymous feature will remain. ALL Yahoo and Verizon care about is making a net profit so the investors and stockholders do Not revolt like they did in July 2014. That is WHY Verizon has OWNED Yahoo for 3 YEARS. 

I agree make us all anonymous.  Good Idea.

For the first option, anonycowards would whine about the fact that they can now be blocked.

For the second option, it really defeats the purpose of blocking.

Since no one really knows exactly who you are in the millions of avatars on here, you really are anon.  But some people dont want their avatar associated with some Qs-that was the good reason for anon. Sadly, like alot of things, its been abused.

• ..

I am still  anon to everyone,  without hiding my Yahoo name - what difference does it make?

Source(s): My real name is - T Ronald Dump.
    • Green Puffin
      4 weeks agoReport

Hi Rt Honerable not Tronald Dump!

Everyone is already anonymous (unless, of course, you're really a brick and I'm really a fox).

• Green Puffin
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes I'm a green Lego brick, how observant of you Diane.