what causes the yahoo answers profile pic to be blank with a question mark beside it?

it is not in anon and when you hover over the ?

it says the persons name is this a glitch causeing this ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

That's a well known glitch here.

I remember a few years ago, nearly everyone's nickname was changed into a question mark and their profile picture was a broken image. That went on for months, then it slowly got fixed over time.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

This happens periodically to almost everyone on YA. I do NOT think it is glitch. Yahoo periodically traces EVERYONE'S account activity for security reasons. It can last for several days. This used to happen on a university computer networks 3 times a year. This is not a glitch. Others are going to insist this has to.be a glitch and Thai am making stuff up, lying ad delusional and I should take my meds. I have taken my meds. This is based on 14 YEARS of personal life experience and observation and talking with numerous computer technicians including subnetwork supervisors. 

Try to calm down. There's nothing YOU can do to "fix" this. 

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That usually happens when someones Account gets Suspended sometimes they will Remove the Name and Profile Picture

• Iron heart4 weeks agoReport

No the person can still use it

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A glitch that pops up almost yearly and may last a few days or weeks. Don't worry, it eventually goes away and avatars return to "normal".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It's a fairly common glitch and usually sorts itself out after a few days- 

I just went thru it recently.  I was a question mark for about a week....and then it went back to my avatar. 

It's Yahoo.......same nonsense......different year. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It is a well-known glitch.  It will disappear in a few days. Do not believe the lies putting out by others trying to scare people here.

• 4 weeks ago

It is a glitch. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.