Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Does my friend like me?

So this friend of mine always takes hours to respond to my text messages. She never contacts me first, and I have to initiate most of our conversations. However, she always complains that I'm not a good friend and that I don't put effort in to talk to her. For example, one day I texted her and she took hours to respond. I responded back a few hours later, and then she took even longer to respond. I texted last, and she never replied so I decided to just not talk to her for a few days. It's important to note that she leaves me on read almost every time we text. Once I did eventually contact her she said that I must be "so busy" if I can't even send out a text message to her to see how she is doing. We always have arguments about that. I really don't understand her behavior and it has been going on for months. What does this mean and what should I do?

• Rick

She doesn't value quick responses, so she doesn't understand why you'd like her to reply sooner than she does.  You're the opposite and feel neglected when it takes her so long to reply to you.  It all comes down to this difference and what it means to you both.  Since you can't change her, choose to understand that it's just how she is and it doesn't actually mean anything bad.