Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Why do people say they hate the police but if they were in danger the first person they'd call is the police?

• Kathy

Because there are a few bad cops out there who make the rest of the cops look bad.

Aren't you the presumptuous one!?  I have ZERO use for police.  If I was in danger, whomever created the situation should be VERY afraid, because I can go directly to "loony tune" & turn on the ultra-violence in a fingersnap.  I've dealt with many aggressive goof-balls in my life.  I don't call the Keystones.  All they're good for is making a mess & then lying about it after.      

• That's wrong. The first person they will call is Superman.

No thats not entirely true. The first person they call is God. Even non believers.  Because generally Its the cops that youre in trouble with.

• Rick

They hate what happened in Minneapolis because it was wrong and not what they expect from the police.  Despite that, they need to rely on the police if they're ever in trouble.

Why do we have socialized law enforcement?  Isn’t it just as bad as socialized medicine?  Shouldn’t LE only be available to those who pay per crime?

Same with fire departments.  Pay as you go, not socialized fire fighting. 

They usually don't make it in time to real danger. They only show up for petty cases 

SEMANTICS .......

• Bob

I’m not sure that’s true of everyone