What do I say in an email to a teacher who exempted my assignment grade?

I turned in two assignments for my teacher and when I checked my grades it says those assignments were exempted. My grade is currently a C+ and those assignments would’ve boosted my grade up to a “B”. What should I say in the email because I never had a situation like this?

You can ask why those two assignments were exempted.

☑I would take a breather to relieve any frustration I may be feeling towards the teacher about the matter at hand.

☑We often don't realize it, but when we are angry it shows in all that we do.

☑Now, once you feel as though you are of neutral feeling and mind I recommend you ask the teacher very politely as to why your assignments have not been accounted for.

☑Then, I would proceed to ask when my grades for my assignments will be counted as completed.

(Since you are stating that you 100% did the work)

• DCM5150
      1 month agoReport

Do not ask it that way. Simply ask basically what you did here "Could you please let me know why the last two assignments are marked as exempt? I believe if they were not marked exempt my grade would be a B. "

What does that mean- "exempted"? What does the syllabus say? Is there a policy of exempting certain assignments? Most teachers are trying not to let students' grades slip because of moving online. Some school systems have a policy that students should not be given a lower grade than they were earning at the time the schools closed down. If that's the case at your school, then my guess would be that the assignments would have lowered your grade. Start by asking the teacher, why the assignments were exempted. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, the next step would be having your parents contact the teacher, and then the principal.