Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why dont they think rationally here?

It's not theists are stupid people.They think rationally when it comes to everything else and every other issue but when it comes to their faith it's like leave their brains at home and give you the stupidest explanations and excuses when a contradiction or inconsistency from their book is pointed.

It's as though they can't comprehend a verse at all.

I told a muslim friend of mine that Islamic countries punish apostacy with death after which he made the common excuse that there is nothing Islamic about it.Then i gave him a hadith where Muhammad calls for the killing of Apostates.Then he gave me the context and started saying that Muhammad told his not to burn down apostates and how kind Muhammad was.Muhammed barely told his companions not to give them Allah's punishment (burning which happens in hell).He wasn't against killing them by other means.Then my friend started saying that i lack common sense and i cant comprehend a verse which is clearly peaceful.I explained the verse over and over again and he kept saying that i lack common sense.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

For the same reason you don't.  Don't bother denying it.  You atheists are never rational when it comes to God.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Misty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They have to do that or they would see the truth.

• 1 month ago

We're all unbelievably idiot, religion aside.

• 1 month ago

What happens to their religion when they apply rational thought to it?  Some do and that's how we get atheist, and that's what they're afraid of.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pot meets kettle

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.