Is it okay to remind my friend to greet my son, who is her godchild, a happy birthday?

My son is now 23 yrs old. My close friend is his godmother, did not play an active role of godmother to him. She was not affectionate, rarely remembered his birthday, or sent him a card on Christmas. She is a good friend to me.  We keep in touch regularly. Would it be presumptuous of me to ask her to text my son and wish him happy birthday? 

• edward

I’m a pretty absent god father to my cousin’s child (my neice i think), they live 24 hour drive away and i mean i send birthday and christmas presents but aside from that and the occasional visits we have she doesn’t know me all that well.  To be fair i did have to mark her birthday down in my phone to remind me 

Seems she was not a wise choice as Godmother.   After 23 years , you should leave it alone.

• Rick B

You could simply talk to her and slip into the conversation that his birthday is coming up.  It will be up to her to wish him a happy birthday or not.