would it be safer to rent an apartment in a gated community instead of buying your own home?

with all the protestors and rioters I think a gated community is the way to go since an individual home would be easier to get to and a gated community would be harder to get inmto becauseof the gate and the odds of them breaking into your apartment and looting when there are 10s or 100s of other apartments are low

You can purchase a house in a gated community.  There are benefits, but there are also cons.  Usually, higher costs are involved, since you will be paying for a gate & a security guard.

A gated comunity is not automatically safe.  A gate only keeps honest people out.  Criminals will jump over.

No reports at all of looting of people's homes.

It's not really much easier or harder.  I've gotten into gated communities where I didn't live.  The ones that have a guard at every entrance are somewhat difficult.  The ones that just have an unattended electric gate are really easy.

• Rick

too many variables to tell ...............................I've seen 'gated communities' where anyone can just walk-in and I've seen houses that would make Fort Knox jealous .....................