would it be safer to rent an apartment in a gated community instead of buying your own home?

with all the protestors and rioters I think a gated community is the way to go since an individual home would be easier to get to and a gated community would be harder to get inmto becauseof the gate and the odds of them breaking into your apartment and looting when there are 10s or 100s of other apartments are low

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can purchase a house in a gated community.  There are benefits, but there are also cons.  Usually, higher costs are involved, since you will be paying for a gate & a security guard.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

A gated comunity is not automatically safe.  A gate only keeps honest people out.  Criminals will jump over.

• 1 month ago

No reports at all of looting of people's homes.

• 1 month ago

It's not really much easier or harder.  I've gotten into gated communities where I didn't live.  The ones that have a guard at every entrance are somewhat difficult.  The ones that just have an unattended electric gate are really easy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

too many variables to tell ...............................I've seen 'gated communities' where anyone can just walk-in and I've seen houses that would make Fort Knox jealous .....................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.