buy beans, and grind with my coffee maker

Update:

better coffee

Update 2:

strong taste

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It tastes stronger, so I like it more, Dany.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Starbuck's French Roast matches my taste. I buy it in 40 ounce containers of whole beans and grind enough for a pot (1 ounce) and load up the coffee maker. In the morning my wife punches brew, steals a cup, and makes the rest of the pot less robust. Anway. I keep a hopper full in my grinder and reseal the bag and put it in a dark pantry. My Breville grinder gives you all kinds of choices. I opt to grind at 37. You have to balance the extraction with the strength since you usually have a set brew cycle (temperature, etc.) with most coffee makers. I also have a Shark or Ninja, I forget which, that brews it better, but doesn't come with a thermal carafe.

• james
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Coffee is a simi sweet.  When fresh.   The longer it sets the more gas escapes the bean.  That is what makes it a simi sweet.  So less gas in the coffee the more bitter it becomes.  

• 1 month ago

what bean ?what bnean?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, grinding your own beans is better coffee.

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Buying whole bean is better than ground, which has already lost flavor and freshness just sitting on a store shelf. Important: grind only as much as you need each time you want coffee. Store the beans in a tightly sealed container away from sunlight. Try to fill beans to the top of the containers you use. Less exposure to air extends the freshness of the coffee.

Source(s): I’m a coffee drinker.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I like fresh ground coffee in the morning. 

• 1 month ago

If you think so, by all means, buy beans.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Different strokes for different folks. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.