Billy asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Does yahoo! actually read every report on Yahoo Answers?

I somehow extremely doubt it.

• .

Of course not. It would be far too expensive to employ enough staff to read EVERY report (there are probably thousands a day, as some people report anything they dislike, disagree with, or that's posted by an Anon user regardless of the content of the post). That's why there is an appeal feature. The 'reports' are handled by the automated system. Once a post has enough reports, it's removed. If it was wrongfully removed (or even if it wasn't) the user who posted it may appeal the removal. It's during the appeal process that human eyes read the post and determine if it was a valid removal or not.

• Zirp

No, and this has been clear for many years. Even before Yahoo was bought by Verizon, they said that they had tried human moderators, but that community-moderation was cheaper and more accurate.

If enough people with enough trustrating report a post, the machine deletes it.

No human reviews it unless the deletion is APPEALED.

Now, once upon a time the author of the post would be notified about the deletion, but the cheapskates at Verizon stopped that a long time ago

The report system is automated.

• Daniel

Yahoo Staff does not get Involved with Reports unless someone Sends in a Appeal for something that got Deleted Yahoo Answers is Community Moderated Yahoo's Computer System Deletes things when a Trusted Reporter Reports something 

• I can tell you for sure they read them.  I have asked questions that they have answered.  If they made a mistake I confront them on it and they explain their reason but in most cases, I win.  They also suspend accounts so you know for sure they read it.  Disregard remarks from a grumpy user  who never used the system and don't know except she loses a lot of appeals i submit.

No. Very likely no human being Yahoo or Verizon employee reads reports OR APPEALS. Very likely they are word processed by computer algorithms. IF there is a LONG history of 2 or more YA users harassing provoking and reporting each other questions answers and comments, either falsely or accurately, then Yahoo or Verizon employees MIGHT READ reports and and appeals. 

NO ONE REALLY KNOWS the answer to this question despite what some people claim. 

I haven't lost an appeal in over 2 YEARS. I haven't been appealing is WHY I have not lost an appeal. I find some of my answers.I thought.had been reported reappearing several hours.later AND I get 10 points back wth NO NEW best answers. 

• CarolOkla
      1 month agoReport

You CANNOT submirT.someone else's appeal. He really is delusional with.rage.or has Alzheimer's.

No, of course not.  This entire site is automated, if enough people report a question it's removed.  They used to have a review system that was simply a random number generator, but even that was too much bother for them to maintain.