Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How to appear more affable toward strangers?

Can anyone please tell me how I can seem nice to people? I hate to look at people so much no matter how much I try, I walk around people to avoid touching them because I believe I'll somehow turn into that person (don't know why I think of this), I'm so awkward when talking to people, I'm only myself at home because that's where no one can judge me, I feel like everyone thinks I'm unpolite or weird but I don't know, and to be honest just overall insecure. I really want people to see me as an genuinely genial person next year when I return to school and since I'll be needing to do volunteer work. Plus, just by reading this you probably can already determine that I have zilch friends, so appearing kind and communicating is probably what the missing ingredient in achieving friendships with my fellow peers. 

Any tips on appearing affable will be lovely :) 

Please don't criticize on how I act, all I'm asking is on how to appear friendly toward everyone since I'm devoid those characteristics. 

Focus on being more friendly and outgoing, and don't be afraid to engage people in conversation.