Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

How much trouble can you get into for egging someone's house or car?

I'm just curious as I'm doing this for my new youtube channel that I started. It's a prank videos channel and so I want to do this and get a video to put on youtube. I've already been suspected by one person but he doesn't have video footage of me doing it. How much trouble can I get into for egging someone's car or house ??

Ask yourself what your parents would say if you egged their house for a YouTube video.  I'm sure they'll be so proud.

Pay for damages, arrested for vandalism, get your butt seriously beat in when caught.

It's considered vandalism and it's a crime.  Even if it wasn't, why don't you start a YouTube channel based on something OTHER than you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you?  Instead, show off something you're good at: drums, make-up, video games, building model airplanes, skateboarding, drawing, underwater basketweaving, burping the alphabet...anything.

That's not a prank, that's a crime. It will commonly be categorized under vandalism in most jurisdictions. 

Nevermind the criminal implications, if you're ever caught, the property owners can sue you civilly for damages and trespass. 

Pulling this kind of stuff for YouTube clout is a serious waste of your potential as a young person. 

My good friend was prosecuted for trying to sell potpourri as weed when he was a kid. He can't get certain jobs now because he has a permanent criminal record. 

*I am a CA licensed attorney; the information above is not legal advice but general information, only. No communication with me shall establish an attorney-client relationship. Why am I here? Because I am bored, need a social life, and trying to make sure my law school knowledge isn't completely gone.*