Bob
Lv 7
Bob asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

If Trump sends the Military to stop protests how likely will it be that the U S military will kill US citezens?

Who is Trump working for?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Citezens?"

Last time I checked, the rioters were killing US citizens.  

Bill Clinton had Timothy McVeigh killed.  He was a US citizen.  

Trump is working for the vast majority of US citizens that aren't rioting, pilaging, and murdering.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes.  The military is not trained to stop protests.  They are trained to kill the enemy.  It makes them bad at police tasks, and they are normally prohibited from doing so by the Posse Commitatus Act of 1870 and Insurrection Act of 1807. 

National Guard under state control does not count.  The laws don't affect the new "Space Force."  Could Trump have created it for that very reason?

• Bob
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Does it make any difference what these Acts.say. He doesn't even read. Did someone put this in colorful bullet points for him?

• 1 month ago

I believe there is a law that prevents the Army from being used for law enforcement inside the US. I am sure if Trump tries to do what he says the military will remind him of this just was he was reminded that he can not control the states when it some to show they deal with the virus. Are claimed he let the governors decide what to doubt in fact he had no control over what they did.

• ...Show all comments
    • Daniel
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It's called the Posse Comitatus Act, and it has exceptions, to include the Insurrection Act.

• 1 month ago

How likely that would be would depend on what their "rules of engagement" are.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.