How can you stop dreaming.?

Just about every day now I’ve been remembering every one of my dreams and it’s starting to freak me out and concern me. They’re always very weird and some of them are nightmares, and every dream always feels like it was very real. There hasn’t been a single night lately that I’ve actually slept peacefully cause it gets ruined by some weird dream. And then i can’t stop thinking about them throughout the day. Is there a way I could stop having these dreams?

For a better explanation of these dreams; some of them aren’t so bad, but there is always something horrible going on in some way. And others are about me going through some unpleasant ordeal/experience. Which is something that’s never happened to me.

People who smoke marijuana habitually rarely remember their dreams. 

Could be down to something you're eating. Cheese can really kick start the brain at night, being considered the worst thing to eat later on if you don't want to have a nightmare.