What will remove the smell out of my refrigerator that was off for almost a month?

I had meat in this refrigerator. The  breaker tripped while I was out of town for a while and the smell is horrid. The electrical circuit has been repaired. I want to turn the fridge on but OMG. The STINK will make anyone sick.

Is the fridge ruined ?

Turn it on,  put it on COLD.   After a few days you can remove the froze stuff from the freezer part and the food from the lower part.  Stick them into an air tight bag and put it in the trash the DAY they are going to pick up.    Once you get both compartments empty sprinkle baking soda all over inside both compartments.   Wait a few days.   Then you are going to have to gag your way thru using water and smearing the powder all over all the inside surfaces.  (You can put removable parts in a dish washer.)    After you have done this the smell should be OK.   If not and you decide to get rid of it,   REMOVE THE DOOR so a kid can not get trapped in it. 

1. EMPTY the refrigerator.

2. UNPLUG the refrigerator.

3. THOROUGHLY clean the inside of the refrigerator.

4. Leave to door open for 2 or 3 days.

• drip

I would wash it well with Lysol and rinse well a couple of times.  Then wash down with baking soda. 

Unplug it and leave the door open with a fan on it Leave a bowl of vinegar and another bowl of baking Soda in the fridge. 

Always keep an open box of baking soda in the fridge. 

This may help

https://food.unl.edu/free-resources/newsletters/so...

You have to clean the fridge with soap and water and leave it open for a day with a fan blowing on it..  Put a pound of baking soda in a bowl on the freezer and the bottom compartment and turn it on to the coldest setting for 2 days.