j asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How should I workout?

Iv been training for 3 months now 6 days a week training each muscle at least 2 times a week and chest and shoulders 3 times a week. Reason why I just went into working out like this because I used to workout when I played football. My question is how is this too much for me to be doing or is there a more effective way to grow in size and strength. Also what workout split should I be doing and how do I know when I should progressive overload or know how much weight to put on and how many reps do I do on each day, also if I workout chest 1 day do I do different workouts for chest the other day I do chest or the same and do I bench twice a week?

A weekly day of rest is often advised when structuring a workout program, but sometimes you may feel the desire to work out every day. As long as you're not pushing yourself too hard or getting obsessive about it, working out every day is fine. Or you can shoot for a minimum of 75 minutes of intense exercise each week.