Have you ever had a positive interaction with the police?

Yes, in North Carolina when my car broke down. The policeman knew a place that could do the repairs and took us to a hotel where we could spend the night.

Yes.

~Some days, the best thing about my job is that the chair spins.

One of my brothers and his wife are long-time police officers.....I get along with them fine. 

• Mrs H

Yes, more than once.  

• Asep

I’ve had plenty. They’re not all bad.

I haven't had much interaction with police. What am I missing out on??? Should I start a fight with a policeman?

yes... i was still on my permit so i didnt know how to act in every driving situation, especially this one...at cop was in the middle of the road, sirens on... i went the speed limit but i was unaware i had to go even slower and then i saw him hand signalling pull over and i did it abruptly, and rolled down my window and the cop just warned me not to do it again,... and then he just warned me about road blocks ahead which i was unaware of, which is why he was in the middle of the street, to warn people

Generally speaking, they aren't the most approachable people in the world. Put a gun on peoples side and they feel quite powerful. It's the same reason many "civilians" carry guns..Think about it, take the gun from the cops and what would you have?

Once, but he was older, from the time before the cops turned into jack booted nazis armed like military. I was sleeping in my car at a state park, and he barely woke me, just just shone a light at the badge on his hat so I knew who he was. I gave him a thumbs up, cause he wanted to check i was ok. thats all., and let me go back to sleep. I woke up feeling GREAT. the man obviously prayed and thought nice things towards me. I am still grateful to him 20 years later. But those cops are gone now. We just have young jackas`ses with blue gloves and buzz cut hair and a shotgun now. You have to be afraid they'll kill you, and your tail-wagging dog too. They electrocute old ladies and kids. THEY SUCK!  I'm GLAD people are fighting back. FVCK THE POLICE!

• Jill

Yes.