Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is it normal to have blood/brown discharge in the urine in dogs after giving birth?

It’s been roughly a week since my employer’s dog gave birth. I’ve been puppy sitting his dog and the puppies for the meantime. The mom and puppies are healthy too. Just a little concern for me that there’s tiny drop of blood mixed with the mother dog’s urine. It’s not much tho. 

Yes, it is normal. But if this last long it is not good. and if it is smelly you should take her to vet.

Ps: if you need cat tree cat cube cat scratching please have a look on cupets cat tree.

Yes, it is normal.  If you have more questions about this dog & her pups, direct your questions to the owners Vet.  Not strangers, children & trolls.  How would you know if any of us were right or wrong in our answers.  You are responsible for that mama dog & her litter, do right by them.

I do not believe the mama dog is your bosses dog, I believe it is your dog & just don't want to hear all the crap we think about BYBers.

Talk to your vet or breeding mentor in that case Blue, im not willing to share my knowledge with a back yard breeder.

Are you sure exactly where this 'tiny drop of blood' is coming from?   Post whelping, bitches will often have a discharge but it shouldn't be copious, or smell really bad (or in her urine).  Did he have her checked by his vet to make sure she was empty immediately after she finished whelping? 

If this is in her urine, she could have a UTI going on.

i would ask your vet about it