Have you ever thought about how extremely depressing the doctrine of Hell is? ?

The Bible says that the majority of people  in the world will go to Hell.  That means that most people will spend eternity burning in the flames of Hell with absolutely no relief or comfort.  Can you imagine anything more horrifying than that?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Bible doesn't say any such thing. It is God's will that every one of His beloved children be with Him in Heaven for all eternity. The only ones who will not be there are those of us who absolutely reject His offer of eternal salvation, and reject Him as well.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes, I have.  No, I don't think I can.  Outer Darkness is worse, but I can't imagine that, either.

Hell is never forever.  Rev. 20:12-14 shows that death and hell must both be emptied and destroyed so that the resurrections and final judgment can take place.  There is only finite punishment for finite sin.  God's love, justice, and mercy are all intact.

• potato1 month agoReport

What is Outer Darkness?

• 1 month ago

What's more depressing is that people decide to go there.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • That only makes sense if the actual choice of sinning causes one to go to hell, rather than having to believe in something you aren't convinced is true.

• 1 month ago

The good news is: you DON’T have to go there. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Shows how strong sin is for them to refuse to be parted from their sin, does it not?

By that token they must be absolute monsters.

Just simple reason.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hell in both testaments is the grave. Hebrew sheol and Greek hades. No burning there. Thats the lake of fire, Greek limne pyr.

Jesus died to keep you out of there.

Revelation 21:8 KJV — But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 2:11 KJV — He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Its a fairytale place, nothing at all to worry about.

• 1 month ago

No, I haven't. At least not since I was 9 or 10.

• 1 month ago

It's even worse when you understand that Heaven is just as bad.  Eternal life is something that impresses people that have no clue, similar to thinking that "having all the money in the world" would be a good thing. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, it's very disgusting.

Thankfully, it's all BS.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.