What do you think of the lastest evidence that shows cannabis was used in the birth of judaism?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/02/cann...

researchers have found cannabis resin at an 800BC Jewish temple, the first that stood in Jerusalem. The ones who came up with the idea of the abrahimic god that christianity and islam followed were getting high. 

Update:

Does the story about the burning bush giving Moses the commandments suddenly make sense?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well...the article seems sound

but

you have made many additions to serve your own purposes

which

given the nature of your additions

cannot be good.

The answer to your question is:

the evidence does not show what you claim

nor does the article claim what you claim.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

By 800 BC the Hebrew religion was well established. So that rules out the theory you site.

Be advised there are other plants used for medicinal purposes and folk medicine in the area Moses herded sheep. Some of which can also produce a high. But the use of a herb for medicine does not mean it was a religious experience.

• 1 month ago

The article said nothing about the birth of Judaism.  I have nothing to say until more evidence is discovered.

• Evelyn
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Nope.  The burning bush told Moses to go to Egypt and styled his hair.

Source(s): "The Ten Commandments"
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Like with any other finding, I'm skeptical until there is confirming evidence from creditable sources. As for your unwarranted allusion to Moses, there is no evidence that he existed or the rest of the Exodus story happened. 

• KumquatMay
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

so, Israel’s Hebrew University and Technion Institute is not a credible source?

• Dave D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bogus.  There was only one temple and that was in Jerusalem, not "southern Israel" as the story states.

• KumquatMay
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

ah, jerusalem is in southern israel. pretty much all the big towns are north of it

• 1 month ago

That is shocking Sir, I have heard of cannabis but do not understand why on Earth one human want to eat another human...It beggars belief. 

• 1 month ago

i dont think its true

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.