Does sharing the Gospel with people really do anything?

Sometimes it just seems pointless because most people have already made up their minds.  If someone has been an atheist for years, it’s very unlikely that I could change their mind by preaching the Gospel to them, especially since they’re probably already familiar with it.

I taught the gospel of Christ to a family that lived in a cardboard shack that was probably smaller than your bed.  They joyfully experienced Christ for themselves. The husband got a job driving a taxi.  They bought a house.  Then the husband decided he had to work on Sundays.  I lost touch with them.  Yes, the gospel of Christ can change our lives for the better, and it is vital to know, so I reach out to people who are interested in it.  I do't try to force it on anyone.

Whether it does anything or not, doesn't matter. By sharing the Gospel, you're obeying a direct order of Jesus Christ , , , , 

Matt 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Because if you don't obey , , , 

Matt 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

What a defeatist attitude. Stinks to high heaven. Sharing the Gospel is our Christian COMMAND no matter what. 

Mark 16:15 KJV — And Jesus said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Check your Christian pulse. You seem to be very ill.

Luke 19:40 KJV — And Jesus answered and said unto him, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

We're helping God glean his wheat field, and weed his garden. When you share the Gospel with one whose mind is made up, and who rejects the Gospel message, God marks him for destruction. When another repents, the angels rejoice. But every man must be given the opportunity to either accept or reject God and salvation. YOU might just be the one who reaches another.

James 5:20 KJV — Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Carry on pilgrim. Chop chop!

it is if you share it with the right person

• A Christians primary responsibility is the souls of their family (spouse, kids, parents, etc) Most of our focus should be on family (and is what we will be most judged on, on judgement day) Atheists on the internet is a long shot you just do what you can do. 

Sure.. you could get someone in a weak moment.

~

Let God do the work. All you're doing is planting a seed. 

That may be true of most of them, but you plant the seed and its up to them to cultivate it or not.

It makes many people seriously dislike Christianity, because we're allergic to people arrogantly trying to force it on us. I think that's about it, really.

• Speaking as a spiritual person in my own way..? I don't do absolutism. I believe different people need different things, on a spiritual level as well. And I'd never f*cking dream of trying to arrogantly force my own path, and my own conclusions, on other people! 'Nuff said.

As a devout Catholic I find that being an example of my beliefs is the best way to witness the Gospel to someone.