Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

I ripped up my Book of Mormon, can I be forgiven?

I ripped up my Book of Mormon and flushed the pages down the toilet when I was 18 some years back, I was having a really bad identity crisis that I've now only just come to terms with. Can I be forgiven? By God and the Church? Can I ever hope to become an elder and hold leadership? I am not trolling. 

Update:

Smh. Terrible answers. 

Update 2:

I ripped out the pages tore the pages and flushed it all down then threw the rest in the trash. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

However sacred and true it is, it's just a book.  Of course you can.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I ripped up my Book of Mormon.   Can I be forgiven?

You flushed a book down the toilet?  You can't be forgiven for your poor trolling.  Or grammar.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You  will  not forgive yourself until you take a good critical look at the origins of that book.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pooh on a Koran then burn it ad you'll balance it out. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

"I am not trolling". Um, yeah. Sure. Like every troll ever says that, you know? Im not trolling either.

• 1 month ago

So you threw a tantrum, but didn't put out the effort to objectively (or even spitefully) research your religion. You are just as bad as the thousands of other Christians that take a "sin spree" and then claim that they were atheists.

Don't worry, even though in the rest of Christianity you have to actually be old to be an "Elder", I'm sure you can become one well before you actually are elderly.

(Sorry, every time young Moron kids come to my door claiming to be "Elders", I laugh)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Try that with Joseph Smith’s Mormon Bible with solid gold plates for pages. 

• Kevin
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

You mean King James version Bible

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you eat out Sparkles, maybe.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You would not have been forgiven in the first place whether you did that or not.  Imaginary sky fairies are in your mentally diseased head.  

• D-Girl
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Okay, forgive me, but this is just how my mind works.  Why did you flush the ripped up pages down the toilet?  Why didn't you just throw them in the garbage?  Weren't you afraid it would clog the toilet?  Did you rip up the pages into really small pieces?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.