Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

are psychics real?

If psychics are real, what was your experience like?

God is... The Supreme Soul...The Absolute Truth...

• Ludwig

Over the last 300 years or so, not one person has been able to predict the fall of a roulette ball  onto 'black' or 'red' with the  1.2% edge over chance that would enable them beat a single-zero roulette table.

practice of astrology and fortune-telling implies that our future is predetermined. But is it? The Bible tells us that we have the ability to choose what we believe or want to do and that our choices affect our future.​—Joshua 24:15.

• Ralph

The fact of the matter: No: They are from Satan and sin; and that is why all of them tell lies because of Satan and sin. You either do the will of God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, or You do the will of Satan and sin, no exceptions read Matthew 6:24

Source(s): King James holy bible

Google Russell Targ. He worked for our military.

I've l known more than a few people (some having no spiritual beliefs whatsoever) that have had psychic flashes.

I've had a few myself, as well as having preformed a few successful tarot readings myself.

My answer?

Psychic ability is real, but consistent only in it's inconsistency.

That means that it is very unlikely that you can pay someone to "read" for you that will be right all the time.

My own experiences could only be confirmed as "real" in hindsight.

No, they are not.  They use a technique called "cold reading".

An episode of South Park actually explains it very well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Douche_i...

• D-Girl

Well, I've told this story before.  During high school, my best friend Sabrina and I found ourselves downtown one summer's day.  We were wandering around and came across a psychic's business.  The psychic was standing outside her door watching us.  Sabrina and I whispered to each other for a moment and then told the psychic that we would be very interested in getting our palms read!  She smiled and let us know that she'd been waiting for us!  She said she'd known that two girls would come to her that day and she recognized us immediately when she saw us!  We were sooo happy.  She said it would be five dollars each.  We confessed to her that we actually had no money at all but were still interested in knowing our futures.  She stopped smiling and told us to go away.  I've always wondered how it was she knew we were coming but didn't know that we would be broke.  

• Den B7

People calling themselves psychics are real people. Their special abilities are that they can use generalities to give you the impression that they know more than they do. Their abilities are used to keep you on the phone as long as possible to get you to pay $1 per minute.

No, they are not real, they use a number of techniques including cold reading to make you think they are real.