Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Why wasn’t my beef packed with flavor like she said hers was. Not sure of what I did wrong ?

Used every single one of these ingredients and used a 2.4 pound chuck beef roast. Her instructions said to put it in the crockpot on high for 4 hours and then shred it and toast the tortilla shells add shredded cheese cilantro. It was ok but it wasn’t mouth watering like she made it out to be it was kind of bland until I added the cheese and cilantro. The beef itself was bland. I could hardly even taste the cumin chipotle etc not sure why I used her exact measurements. My taste buds aren’t off either because I had a burger that I could definitely taste yesterday 

She was making Barbacoa stackers or however you spell it. This is my first time making it which I why I wanted to follow a receipe 

Any kind of beef needs quite a bit of salt for the beef flaver to come out so I assume you nned more salt but that's just a guess. You should also realize the "packed with flavor" is really very subjective and more "sales hype" than anything else.

I keep telling you , there is something wrong with you, your taste buds or the part of your brain that "tastes'....

• Amy

Flavor is in the mouth of the eater.  What's packed with flavor to one will be quite bland to someone else.  I recommend getting new recipes from a site like allrecipes.com because each one has many user reviews.  I like to read thru some of the reviews to see what other people thought.  They have a lot of suggestions on how to make it better and will tell you if the recipe is just totally whacked

• denise

I think chuck beef roast needs to be cooked low & slow for best results.

Adding an onion soup mix and some stock in the slow cooker with the roast at the beginning would give the beef more flavour.