I've applied at a bunch of places and no one is hiring me I'm 19 and feel like a loser please help me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Stop the pity party.  Getting employed is often difficult and certainly, it is challenging for everyone now.

Start by looking at the jobs and requirements.  Are you applying for job that you are qualified for? Do you have the skills?  Are you presenting those skills in your application? Are you getting interviews?

Broaden your scope a bit, if you can.  For example, if you've only been applying to retail stores that aren't open, apply to grocery, automotive, and hardware stores.  Are there other areas you can apply in with 5,10-15 miles?  

If you're handy and willing to do odd jobs, look on sites like Next-door or Craigs list.  Does someone need yard work done or some other short term help?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Judith
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What kind of places are you applying to? And keep in mind that right now MILLIONS of people in the US are receiving or filing for unemployment.  

I've seen help wanted signs at fast food places and grocery stores - but that was before corona19.  Still - they put out signs when they need to fill jobs.  Keep applying; just keep in mind you've got lots of competition - doesn't mean you are a loser.

See about taking classes once you get a job to pick up some skills which would get you better jobs which pay more.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Keep applying

Apply to places who are looking

Apply to places who *might* be interested in hiring, Even if you don't want the job.

Once you have a job, any job. and a few months experience you will find other employers will be more interested in you.

If someone else wants you, they will be more approving of you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Plenty of places are hiring. Grocery stores, pizza delivery, walmart, target, amazon.

That said millions of people are out of work so its many people for every job.

How bad do you want it? How many places have you applied in person at and then went back to follow up with?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Is this your first job? If so that could be why. It’s very hard to get your first job as not many people like to take a chance on someone with no experience. What kind of places have you applied to? The easiest jobs to get are retail and fast food. During this whole virus pandemic, and the country reopened now, there SHOULD be openings at those two types of places. Considering they are both being worked to death and need employees badly. I work at Sonic and they're always hiring. It’s a lot of people’s first jobs and they hire pretty much anyone. They’re always in need of cooks. Try applying there if you haven't already. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.