Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My mom won't let me live my life ?

Hello,

Im 15 and I've always been close to my mom. considering I'm her only child I'm her 1# concern, but it has gotten to the point where I cannot live my life. I don't get into trouble and I always stay home. I have my boyfriend who used to live in my state who is flying back this week for 4 days and I want to spend time with him. My mom won't let me spend the night at the hotel with him even though his dad will be in the same room. I understand her concerns but she thinks I'll be sex trafficked and raped. My boyfriend respects my decision of no sex and its always been like that but she's acting like Im going to get knocked up or something. Im just tired of the lifestyle I'm living. Im almost 16 and she doesn't let me do anything. She won't even let me drive out of my neighborhood which is beyond ridiculous especially considering I'm very mature for my age. Like I said I understand her worries as she is a Mom and I'm her only child but I don't know what to do anymore. How can I convince her to stay the night with my boyfriend and his dad? Any help in this matter would be appreciated, thanks. 

• Tj

You are too young for this.

not much you can do about it, your mom dont want you to get pregnant

Your mom is doing what any sane parent would do. 

Put your self in your moms position .

Just because she won’t let you stay overnight in a motel room with a 16 year guy doesn’t mean she won’t let you do,anything .

Besides it’s probably illegal and highly doubt a room would be given to a 16 Year old. Motels require a valid  credit card 

It is virtually impossible to rent a hotel room in the United States if you are under 18, the legal age of majority in all states. The two basic reasons for this are liability and contract enforcement. Contracts signed by minors are not legally enforceable, putting the hotel at risk if underage patrons do not pay.