Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it possible to sign over your rights to one child and not the other ?

I am currently homeless and my Son dad has a home for him to be but my daughter dad is no longer in the picture and he has no family to help me nor do I have family 

• Tj

Yes you can sign off on one. Take daughters dad to court and get support.

i think its possible

Yes it is, my cousins bio mother did that though CPS took away both. She didn't want the learning disabled child saying "she won't listen" but wanted the other child who is actually as an adult the one who is far more difficult.  Luckily CPS took both away and they were adopted by my aunt. Sadly the one who was "wanted" by the birthmother has become estranged from her parents as an adult because she has an attitude and lies a lot. She is very disloyal to her parents. I have no ill will towards her or anything as she had it very hard, but it is strange she was the "wanted one" by the bio-mother and the learning disabled sister not wanted when the sister has turned out wonderful.