What size fan do i need for gigabyte motherboard?

i bought a cyberpower desktop the cheaper version that was about $500-600 for the tower. The motherboard is the gigabyte brand. The motherboard has a cooler master radiator and fan attached to it. The fan stopped working and im trying to replace it. I thought it was a 120mm fan but that was way too big and im unsure what size to order. The computer shuts off within 10 minutes without this fan working and the computer has barely been used beforehand. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

i would try and see and then youll know 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Measure the fan before replacing it. A 120mm fan is close to 4 3/4" and a 140mm fan is close to 5 1/2". 

Sometimes the label on the fan will say what size it is.

It might help to plug the fan into a header on the motherboard.

• Jason L1 month agoReport

I bought a 120mm fan but it was way too big. The size i need mounts to the thermal plate

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your main concern is for the new fan to fit. Measure the edge of the old fan and the thickness. If it's a circle, measure from the outside of the mounting hole to the other side of the adjacent mounting hole. Thickness matters if the fan is encased or it will hit other computer parts. Otherwise, you can get a thicker one. Don't run the computer without the fan. The processor will overheat, fry itself and die.

• 1 month ago

Just measure the fan that's faulty, sir.  It's difficult to say as you don't indicate which specific Cooler Master Radiator it is that's fitted in your computer.  (Measure it from side to side.)

• Jason L1 month agoReport

im not sure what it is just know its a cooler master heat sink. I thought about replacing the entire heat sink because im not sure if just the fan needs replacing or the entire heatsink. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.