What causes a vehicle to shut off while im driving with the music blasting?

My car has been acting strange & shutting off lately whenever I turn on the radio. Then after like 5 minutes the voltage light would come on & RPMs would fluctuate causing the car to lurch forward as i'm driving. Tried to to a U-turn and put the car in reverse & it suddenly died while the music was playing.

I recently changed the battery to rule out the possibility of that being the issue. Help would be greatly appreciatedThanks

EDIT: Also, the car would seem to drive perfectly fine without the radio playing

The car is a 2007 CHRYSLER SEBRING

It isn't the "voltage light" its the Electronic Throttle Control light sorry

If your vehicle has an amplifier, especially a powerful one to drive a subwoofer system, it is most likely exceeding the ability of your alternator to keep the battery charged. When the voltage drops too low the spark plugs misfire and the engine stalls. The only remedy for that is to either install a high output alternator or just turn the music down. I recommend that you do both. 

Radio is drawing too much power or the alternator is dying. 

See a mechanic to check the load on the car's electrical system when the radio is playing and load test the alternator.  You might need a new alternator or a new radio.  If you do not have money for a mechanic, turn the volume down.

Needed are make, model. and year. 

• Drew1 month agoReport

The car is a 2007 CHRYSLER SEBRING