Went to go bleed my clutch and now the pedal is dead.?

Car friends I need help, I went to go bleed my clutch because the top of the pedal had a dead spot but the clutch still had pressure for about 80% of the pedal. Anyways i got a clear tube to connect to the bleeder Nipple while I had a 8mil wrench over the valve nut, I put the other end of the tube in brake fluid/ clutch fluid. Then I pumped the clutch about 5 times and got a brick to hold the clutch down while I went back under the car to unscrew the bleeder valve. I watched the dirty fluid go down the tube into the bottle with the fluid inside but half the tube was air mixed with fluid and I closed the valve and checked on the clutch with the clutch all the way to the floor and with no pressure. Now the pedal has zero pressure and you can pump it with no feeling whatsoever. The reservoir is filled all the way to the max but below the master clutch cylinder there is a ***** if fluid leaking and now I’m not sure what to do for the pedal to get any fluid inside. The tube is also 80% air now. Please help

• M.

"Went to go" is a bit ambiguous.

Bled my hydraulic clutch and now the clutch pedal goes to the floor.

First, you don't identify your vehicle.

Next, you do something with a clear tube into fluid.

You need 2 people to bleed the clutch.

Maybe the clutch master cylinder is defective.

I'd like to show you in person how it's done.  Explaining it in writing is not so easy.

It's likely that your clutch master cylinder is made of plastic.  Maybe it's cracked now?  Or maybe the piston seal has failed.

You need 2 people to bleed a clutch. It takes a good 12 repetitions to get all the air out. Don't pump the pedal.Hold the clutch pedal to the floor and quickly open and close the bleeder on the slave cylinder. Don't wait until all the pressure stops before closing the bleeder screw.  When releasing the clutch pedal just wait 5 seconds before repeating that procedure. Refill the reservoir every 3rd time.

any bleeding job on a car is difficult on your own ..thats why they introduced bleed tubes fitted with non return valves ..you need one and do it again 

You likely run out of fluid in the reservoir when you were pumping.  Get another guy to help you.  Only pump the pedal twice and hold.  Wipe the master cylinder down and check if it is leaking.  If it is, repair the leak first because you will be there forever if you do not.

You can't leave the cap off the master cylinder when pumping - is that your leak? You basically did it right, so try it a few more times. You can't get it done in one cycle.