Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Why didn't Superman Returns get a sequel in 2008?

Superman returns very underrated and some think it is better then Man of Steel I wouldn't go that far.

It’s not better nor worse than Man of Steel but Henry Cavils movie had its moments but the trouble is well read it for yourself...

Although Superman Returns received mostly positive reviews, Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures were disappointed by the film's box office return. Warner Bros. President Alan F. Horn explained that Superman Returns was a very successful film, but that it "should have done $500 million worldwide. We should have had perhaps a little more action to satisfy the young male crowd."  Singer reacted incredulously to the studio complaints, saying, "That movie made $400 million! I don’t know what constitutes under-performing these days..." $175 million was the maximum budget Warner Bros. was projecting for the sequel, as Superman Returns cost $204 million.

Though Superman Returns had a better story, Man of Steel had better action sequences. So it’s  really anybody’s I like Superman Returns better though.