Anonymous

Is it ok to still think about your ex?

I still think about my ex. We're both single and he still wanted to see me, but we didn't want the same things. I can't imagine him living with woman. Last time he reached out to me, I sort of cut off the conversation and thought it was for the best not to talk to him, as I didn't want to see him anymore if things weren't going to change. Sometimes I feel like talking to him, even as a friend. Maybe it's because when we broke up we still liked each other.

Would it ever work as friends who talk occasionally? I also hope he's ok during this pandemic, as he lives alone and is a loner without many people around him.

It's even okay to contact him and ask how he's doing. 

• Helen

Yes it's completely normal. You can't just shut off feelings like a tap - you cared about him and still do.

However if you're not compatible, talking isn't a good idea and will just open up old wounds.