Why is Objectivism portrayed in media as bad?

I like Ayn Rand and I discovered her philosophy a few years ago and I completely agree with every thing she said. but as soon as you say that people look at you like you have no idea what your talking about. But when I talk about her people have no idea what I am talking about then they start talking about what there philosophy is and they have no idea what there talking about and I do cause I studied different philosophy to get a better understanding of different Ideas. When I was in school people almost everyone thought the same way and if you thought different you were the outcast and I hated that cause I thought they were dumbest people around cause the all thought the same and mindless followed something most of them hand no idea what it was or didn't care about it and just followed blindly to fit in.

Rand is highly influential in D.C., but you would not know it because if they talk about it nobody will listen. So they shut their mouth’s and they act on her principles.

The main reason is that it lacks empathy and compassion for others. It is mostly a self-centered philosophy. 

I thought you might be interested in what conservative author William F. Buckley said about Atlas Shrugged - "A thousand pages of ideological fabulism [fantasy]. I had to flog myself to read it." He was not a SJW and he was not dumb. Video - a TV interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmPLkiqnO8

Youtube thumbnail

• There are a lot of good things in her words. About the primacy of the One over the Us. And then Ayn develops a possible world which this might take place. Positing the unhindered rise of the mighty into wealth and industry. That the mighty are not beholden to anyone. People are free to rise or fall. The role of government is to maintain the peace. The plight of the impoverished is at the mercy of the charitable. Not every tale ends happily. 

Her words on individuality are interesting. But I might not be sure of her result. 

Some of us might veer on the side of a just world, but Ayn Rand believed that Principles were more important than their Consequences. It is down to the whims of the individuals who rise into wealth and industry to save the rest of us. They can in her world justly ignore the unfortunate. They are not slaves to the plight of others.

The reason it might be seen as bad is because it has no social conscience. Although it is possible the strong individuals might choose to help the unfortunate. There is also nothing preventing them from ignoring it either, no matter how bad it gets. 

Today it is seen as good to advocate for social policies to get the best fighting chance to everyone. This requires that those who can help help. 

Those that take from society should be prepared to give to it. The wealth and industry depends on the market of common ordinary people. So you must not take from it without considering the consequences. 

Today there is flexibility from hard principles to achieve certain societal goals.

I am glad you explained all that.  Now I am sure I don't understand a word you wrote.  Are you trying to say your OK but they are not?  

• unknown1 month agoReport

I am trying to say there isn't enough view points in America and the media is not only showing one single idea welther and I think that should change if you can have open opinions without some teacher or whoever saying your wrong for believing in something that is different and have open decussions 

• Ayn Rand was a fascist moron