My landlord wants me to pay $100/month to have a guy do the yard work. Do you agree that I should be paying for a rentals yard work? ?

Opinion?

I used to allow tenants to maintain the grounds of my rentals, but invariably they did not. So now every lease specifies a fee will be included in the monthly rent to cover basic yard care.

I pay for someone to do the yard work at my rentals.  What does your lease/rental agreement say?

Thats why you don't rent. Your just screwing yourself.

Check Your Lease.. READ what is on it then cry if you are so stupid you didnt read it before signing it.

It's not a matter of opinion.  What does the lease agreement say?  That's the only thing that matters.

What does your lease say?  You could always do it yourself...

to see if you are gullible

If this yard maintenance fee is not in the  lease, then you are not obligated  to pay it. Leases should outline who does the basic yard up keep.

I have an idea...approach your landlord with a deal...he takes $100.00 off of your rent and then YOU maintain the grass and leaf/snow removal.  Ask for a new lease outlining the discount for yard services. Then, take some pride in how your yard looks.

This way, you benefit. Because otherwise, when your lease renews, the landlord will most likely insert a $100.00 a month maintenance fee. I would do what I could to avoid that and if you love where you live, the last resort would be to mow the grass for free. Heck, it is just a walk around the lawn twice a month or less, depending where you live.

A charge for maintaining the yard would only be justified if you have failed to abide by a condition of the rental agreement to maintain it yourself. But $100/month!!

Depends how big a yard you have and what actually needs doing - and on if your yard is shared.