Why would a loving god make all of humanity suffer for the sins of adam & eve?

66 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

change "loving" to "psychopathic" and you will have your answer

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

18 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:

“‘The parents eat sour grapes,

and the children’s teeth are set on edge’?

3 “As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. 4 For everyone belongs to me, the parent as well as the child—both alike belong to me. The one who sins is the one who will die.  

1  9 “Yet you ask, ‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Ezekiel 18

Here is what the Bible says ,and see what the Christians believe!       

IT IS SELF ACCOUNTABILITY .

• soloforus4 weeks agoReport

I WOULD SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU STAY ON YOUR MEDS... 

• 1 month ago

well, GOD is almighty so he wont need adam & eve to sin as an excuse to make us suffer . Everything that happens is because GOD wants it to happen & we should always have faith in GOD even if it doesn't seem right for us ....

• soloforus4 weeks agoReport

DUDE!... YOU SHOULD SMOKE REAL WEED AND STOP BURNING ALL THOSE BANANA LEAVES. I HAVE FAITH IN WHAT I CAN SEE, FEEL AND TASTE. YOU KNOW, IT HELPS WITH THE CREDIBILITY... 

• 1 month ago

The story was invented to explain our human nature where we all have good and bad in us. Simply replace "Original Sin" with "Human Nature" and that is why we inherit that sin. The primary culprit is our emotions. The struggle between good and evil is the struggle between what the intellect knows and what the emotions want.

• ...Show all comments
    • SBR32277
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

@soloforus, not quite, I explained why the story was invented where it is common practice in theism to look at natural events and make up magical stories to explain them. In this case, human nature is the event explained with a magical story where it is understandable why human nature is inherited.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If something is imperfect - flawed - then if you cast a mould of it, the blemish of the original will be carried right through to every copy made of it. The first couple were perfect but once they tried to find god-hood and life from a source other than God, they became blemished - imperfect. When, later on, they started to pro-create, their children inherited that imperfection. Adam & Eve suffered for their own sin, but their offspring suffered from inability to be perfect. Witness how their firstborn son murdered his brother? That's sin. Adam & Eve did not cause that jealous son to commit murder. If he had heeded God's ways, he would have stopped short of it, for God warned him that sin was crouching, desiring him. That warning was ignored, proving that the firstborn son of the first couple was also a rebel against God. Sin had afflicted him, but it was his OWN sin that brought down God's curse on him.

Yet, in love, God is in process of delivering rebellious sinners who humble themselves and admit that they are sinners who need to repent. He sent His beloved and only-begotten Son to become one of us, to suffer and die for us, that we might be restored to God. The question is, "Why would a loving God suffer, in Christ, to spare the children of Adam & Eve their due punishment for their own sins?"  What grace!

• Annsan_In_Him
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone.... All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them." 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

• 1 month ago

That is nothing but superstition that some persons have been taught through a religion. I do not accept that kind of belief.

• antonius
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Christianity presents nothing but fiction, and the NT is nothing but a totally false story. Don't worry, I am certain that you do not know the NT is fiction.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

God doesn't cause our suffering. Our suffering is from three sources - our own sins, the sins of others, and the laws of nature. It is to save us from the first two causes, that God gave us His Commandments and His Church. If everyone obeyed the Commandments, the first two causes of our suffering would be eliminated. But we would still live in a natural world, and be subject to the laws of nature.

• ...Show all comments
    • antonius
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

things, what is bad is his fault, and he would also be a very weak god if he can not eliminate the so-called bad things, i.e; that  devil. Think on this.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Loving God didn’t.  We suffer for two main reasons, our own rebellion and living in a culture where everyone rebels.

• Williams1 month agoReport

Then you call GOD A LIAR (Matt 12:31-32) when He said "Sin passed from Adam upon ALL MEN whether they sinned or NOT" (Rm 5:12; 14)

• 1 month ago

Christ does not teach that Adam and Eve sinned. Nor does Christ teach the "Original Sin Theory" that we are inherently guilty because of Adam's actions; David and Paul used that. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You yourself have sinned, as all of us have.  Here is the truth:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else, and Jesus already paid for our sins with His death and blood.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.